- ER16 collet accepts up to 5.8 mm O.D. tubing
- Integral water jacket with scalable O-ring seal for wet cutting applications
- Clear aperture for product feed-through
- Threaded collet retainer enables rapid tooling changeover
- Low inertia shaft for maximum acceleration
- Direct-drive brushless motor and encoder
- Maintenance-free frictionless rotary union
- High-speed (2000 rpm) and standard-speed (800 rpm) options
Aerotech's ASR1200 series is an extension of the ASR1000 direct-drive rotary stage. The ASR1200 adds an integral pneumatically-operated collet chuck for automated material handling and a sealed water jacket for wet cutting processes.
Integral Collet Design
The collet chuck on the ASR1200 accepts ER161 series collets. These collets are readily available in sizes that support tube diameters from 0.5 mm to 5.8 mm. The collet is retained with a threaded retaining cap that enables quick changeover. The collet is configured in a "fail-safe" mode where full clamping force is applied when no air pressure is present. Air is delivered to the rotating collet assembly through a custom-designed frictionless, seal-less rotary union. This 100% noncontact rotary union design ensures a lifetime of maintenance-free operation. The combination collet chuck and rotary union also has significantly less friction and inertia than external assemblies created from discrete parts. This reduced inertia improves system performance by allowing higher peak acceleration and reducing position error during laser machining operations.
Fluid Delivery System
The ASR1200 includes a fluid delivery system and seal assembly to support wet cutting processes. The rear of the unit has a quick release fitting for fluid input and an NPT thread that allows the user to customize the length of the "water jacket" to match the length of the tube material. Inside the ASR1200 is an O-ring assembly that seals the tubing against the I.D. of the ASR1200 shaft. This seal assembly rotates with the tubing, eliminating troublesome torsion-induced errors that are present when working with thin-walled tubing or extremely flexible materials such as Nitinol.
The ASR1200 series utilizes direct-drive brushless motor technology to maximize positioning performance. Direct-drive technology is optimized for 24/7 production environments because there are no brushes to replace and no gear trains or belts to maintain. Direct drive also provides quicker acceleration and higher top speeds than gear- or belt-driven mechanisms yielding higher total overall throughput.
The low maintenance and high throughput characteristics of the ASR1200 provide a stage that yields the lowest total cost of ownership while the integral water jacket and pneumatic collet provide unmatched levels of integration and ease of use.
- 1. Requires Rego-Fix electropolished collet. ER16 supports up to 10 mm. Actual tube diameter is limited by fluid delivery system.
|Travel||±360 deg. Continuous|
|Accuracy||±73 µrad (±15 arc sec)|
|Bidirectional Repeatability||±15 µrad (±3 arc sec)|
|Maximum Speed(1)||2000 rpm (-HS)
800 rpm (-SS)
|Tube Capacity||5.8 mm (Water Jacket Limited)|
|Maximum Torque (Continuous)||1.6 N·m|
|Load Capacity(2)||Axial||3.0 kg|
|Rotor Inertia (Unloaded)||0.0006 kg·m2|
|Stage Mass||5.3 kg|
|Collet Runout(4)||<25 µm|
|Minimum System Air Pressure(5)||100 psig|
|Material||Electroless Nickel Aluminum; Stainless Steel Collet Chuck|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)||10,000 Hours|
- Maximum speed based on stage capability. Requires selection of appropriate amplifier with sufficient voltage and current.
- Maximum loads are mutually exclusive. Loading limits are due to the collet chuck mechanism. Contact Aerotech if part load requirements exceed specifications.
- Collect chuck accepts Rego-fix ER collets manufactured to DIN6499 specifications only.
- Measured TIR of precision gage pin chucked with an ultra-precision ER collet (DIN6499) 10 mm away from collet face with no load.
- Collet chuck mechanism is normally-closed. Collet mechanism required air to open collet chuck. Air supply much be dry and oil-less OR 99.99% pure nitrogen. Air or nitrogen must be filtered to 1 microns particle size or better.
|Drive System||Brushless Direct-Drive Servomotor|
|Feedback System||1 Vpp, Incremental Non-Contact Optical Encoder, 8192 lines/rev|
|Maximum Bus Voltage||320 VDC|
|A3200||Npaq, Ndrive HLe, Ndrive HPe, Ndrive CP|
|Series||Speed Option||Connector||Feedback||Collet Chuck||Options|
ASR1200 Series Direct-Drive Rotary Stage
|ASR1200||Direct-drive rotary stage with integral pneumatic ER16 collet chuck, frictionless rotary union, and water jacket|
|-SS||Standard speed option|
|-HPD||High power D connector for motor power and 25-pin D for feedback|
|-25D||Dual 25-pin D connectors with bridged pins for motor power|
|-RE8192AS||Incremental encoder with 8192 cycles per rev sinusoidal output signal|
|-NC||Normally-closed collet chuck|
|-MP||Mounting plate with square bolthole pattern|
|-WRENCH||Spanner wrenches for changing collets|
Accessories (ordered as separate line item)
|ER16-1AA||ER16 collet, 0.5-1 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-1-5AA||ER16 collet, 1-1.5 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-2AA||ER16 collet, 1-2 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-2-5AA||ER16 collet, 1.5-2.5 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-3AA||ER16 collet, 2-3 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-3-5AA||ER16 collet, 2.5-3.5 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-4AA||ER16 collet, 3-4 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-4-5AA||ER16 collet, 3.5-4.5 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-5AA||ER16 collet, 4-5 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-5-5AA||ER16 collet, 4.5-5.5 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-6AA||ER16 collet, 5-6 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|
|ER16-6-5AA||ER16 collet, 5.5-6.5 mm I.D. DIN6499 AA|