- High load-carrying capacity
- High stiffness
- Direct-drive brushless, slotless servomotor
- Large aperture
- Easily configured with AVL1000 lift-stage for multi-axis applications
Aerotech’s ARA1000 rotary actuator represents a significant breakthrough for applications such as flat panel display processing that require articulation of large payloads. Multi-axis systems with high load inertia can suffer from mechanical instability that limits total machine throughput. The ARA1000 eliminates this problem through a proprietary design that significantly increases stage stiffness. The ARA1000 incorporates a standard 57.2 mm aperture which allows for easy pass-through of vacuum lines. The tabletop includes a standard mounting pattern that allows for easy chuck mounting.
The ARA1000 utilizes large air-bearing surfaces for high stiffness and load capacity in a low profile design.
Cable management is a snap with integral motor power and feedback connectors. Because the ARA1000 is a self-contained unit, it can be integrated easily into multi-stage stacks. Either a service loop or an integrated Aerotech cable management system (CMS) can be provided for a highly reliable solution.
To maximize positioning performance, the ARA1000 utilizes Aerotech’s S-series brushless, slotless motor. This motor has all of the advantages of a brushless direct-drive motor — no brushes to wear, no gear trains to maintain and high acceleration and high speeds. Since it is a slotless, ironless design, there is zero cogging, meaning that there is absolutely no torque ripple. This makes the ARA1000 ideal for applications requiring outstanding contoured motion or precise incremental steps. Zero backlash makes the ARA1000 the ideal solution for applications requiring frequent directional changes.
Performance is assured with a 150-line-per-degree encoder that results in 0.012 arc sec resolution. The motor and high-performance rotary encoder are directly coupled to a common shaft.
Aerotech manufactures a wide range of servo amplifiers and advanced controllers to provide a complete, integrated package.
ARA1000 Series Specifications
|Bus Voltage||Up to 160 VDC|
|Continuous Current||Apk||2.7 A|
|Accuracy(1)||±9.7 µrad (±2 arc sec)|
|Bidirectional Repeatability||±4.85 µrad (±1 arc sec)|
|Resolution(2)||0.058 µrad (0.012 arc sec)|
|Maximum Load (Axial)||45 kg|
|Maximum Speed(3)||60° per second|
|Rotating Inertia (Unloaded)||0.1203 kg-m2|
|Operating Pressure(4)||60 psig (4.137 bar) +0 psig (0 bar) -5 psig (-0.344 bar)|
|Vacuum Supply||21 "Hg ±2 "Hg|
|Air Consumption(5)||<56.6 SLPM (<2 SCFM)|
- Requires Aerotech controller for calibration and parts program implementation.
- Based on Aerotech controls using 500X multiplication and controller quadrature. Higher resolutions available.
- Maximum speed is load dependent. Maximum application velocity may be limited by system data rate and resolution.
- To protect an air bearing against under pressure, an in-line pressure switch tied to the motion controller is recommended.
- Air supply must be clean, dry to 0°F dew point and filtered to 0.25 µm or better; recommend nitrogen at 99.9% purity.
- Specifications are for single-axis systems measured 25 mm above the tabletop. Performance of multi-axis systems is payload and workpoint dependent. Consult factory for multi-axis or non-standard applications.
ARA1000 Rotary Actuator
|ARA1000||Direct-drive rotary stage|
|-NC||Normally-closed end of travel limit switches (standard)|
|-NO||Normally-open end of travel limit switches|
|-REAS||Rotary encoder 150 lines/degree; fundamental AS output|