- Full preload on all axes
- Dual linear-motor-driven Y axes
- Travel to 1.2 meter by 1.2 meter
- Linear encoder or laser interferometer feedback
- Active yaw control
The ABL/ABLH9000 is simply the world’s highest performance air bearing. Designed to meet the exacting requirements of wafer, flat panel display and optical inspection and fabrication, the ABL/ABLH9000 sets new standards of performance.
The ABL/ABLH9000 incorporates an active preload on both vertical and horizontal surfaces. The opposing thin-film pressure maintains the bearing nominal gap tolerance. This design, in addition to the large air-bearing surface that distributes the load over a large surface area, results in a stage with outstanding stiffness that is ideal for heavy or offset loading.
Proprietary manufacturing techniques result in a stage with unsurpassed geometric characteristics. The air bearing has an inherent averaging effect that maximizes performance. The thin film will fill small surface voids and allow for other irregularities. This characteristic yields superior pitch, roll, yaw, straightness and flatness specifications.
Linear Motor Drive
The driving force behind this stage is Aerotech’s BLM series brushless linear servomotor. Aerotech’s long history and experience as a motor manufacturer is reflected in this latest design. The BLM utilizes an ironless forcer, which means there is zero cogging and no attractive forces, resulting in unsurpassed smoothness of motion. Capable of generating high force and velocity, the BLM represents the ultimate combination of power and performance.
Our totally noncontact air bearing, noncontact linear motor drive and noncontact feedback device ensure years of maintenance-free operation at the high performance levels expected of Aerotech equipment. Because there is no mechanical contact between moving elements, the ABL/ABLH9000 experiences no wear or reduction in performance over time. Service life is virtually unlimited and since there is no lubrication – only clean, dry gas – air bearings are ideal for clean room and medical applications.
We carefully optimize the cable bend radius to ensure years of trouble-free operation. In the unlikely event of failure, Aerotech’s modular design makes cable replacement quick and easy with minimal downtime. To facilitate integration into the final system we include all customer-required cables, air hoses, etc. in our CMS bundle. Both ends are fully connectorized for simple integration into the customer’s machine.
|Travel||300 mm x 300 mm||500 mm x 500 mm||750 mm x 750 mm||1000 mm x 1000 mm||1200 mm x 1200 mm|
|Drive System||Linear Brushless Servomotor
(Bridge Axis: BLM-142-A;
Gantry Axis: BLM-142-A)
|Linear Brushless Servomotor
(Bridge Axis: BLM-325-A;
Gantry Axis: BLMH-262-A)
|Bus Voltage(1)||up to 160 VDC|
|Apk||up to 3.10 A||up to 6.20 A|
|Arms||up to 2.19 A||up to 4.38 A|
|Continuous Current (Gantry Axis)||Apk||up to 3.10 A||up to 5.50 A|
|Arms||up to 2.19 A||up to 3.89 A|
|Feedback||Noncontact Linear Encoder|
|Resolution||1 nm - 1.0 µm|
|Maximum Travel Speed(2)||500 mm/s|
|Maximum Acceleration||1 g (No Load)|
|Maximum Load(3)||30.0 kg||125.0 kg|
|Accuracy(4)||LN||±0.5 µm||±0.75 µm||±0.85 µm||±1.0 µm||±1.25 µm|
|LZR||Standard ±10 ppm; Compensated
|Contact an Aerotech Application Engineer for further details|
|Repeatability(4)||LN||±0.1 µm||±0.2 µm|
|Straightness and Flatness(6)||Max Deviation||±0.5 µm||±1.5 µm||±2.0 µm||±2.5 µm||±3.0 µm|
|Pitch/Roll/Yaw||2 arc sec||3.5 arc sec||4.5 arc sec||5.5 arc sec||6 arc sec|
|Stage Mass||320 kg||690.0 kg||3200.0 kg||4130.0 kg||5200.0 kg|
|Moving Mass||Bridge||9.5 kg||35.0 kg|
|Gantry||44.0 kg||57.0 kg||120.0 kg||130.0 kg||140.0 kg|
|Orthogonality||2 arc sec||3 arc sec||3.5 arc sec||4 arc sec||5 arc sec|
|Operating Pressure(7)||551.6 kPa + 0, -34 kPa|
|Air Consumption(8)||45 SLPM (1.6 SCFM)||85 SLPM (3.0 SCFM)|
|Finish||Hard Coating (62 Rockwell Hardness )|
- 80 VDC bus limit wiht standard ribbon cable. Up to 320 VDC is available with round cables.
- Maximum speed based on stage capability; maximum application velocity may be limited by system data rate and system resolution.
- Maximum load based on bearing capability; maximum application load may be limited by acceleration requirements.
- Available with Aerotech controllers and HALAR calibration option.
- Requires environmental compensation.
- Requires HALSF option.
- To protect air bearing against under-pressure, an in-line pressure switch tied to motion controller ESTOP input is recommended.
- Air supply must be clean, dry to 0°F dew point and filtered to 0.25 µm or better; recommend nitrogen at 99.9% purity.
- Optional construction materials include ceramic, invar, stainless and titanium.
- Specifications are for single-axis systems, measured 25 mm above the tabletop. Performance of multi-axis systems is payload and workpoint dependent. Consult factory for multi-axis or non-standard applications.