- Unique Z stage design incorporates fully preloaded air bearings
- Less than or equal to ±2 arc sec roll, pitch and yaw over full travel
- Submicron closed-loop positioning
- Travel options from 50 to 150 mm
- Precision-ground ball-screw-drive eliminates the need for special counterbalance
Aerotech's AirLift 115 series stages offer the ideal solution for applications that require very stringent Z direction positioning while maintaining extremely tight angular performance over full travel. Applications include semiconductor wafer inspection and testing, noncontact metrology, optical inspection systems and laser processing applications.
Aerotech's AirLift 115 was designed to address the most significant limitation of conventional wedge-style vertical lift stages – angular performance. Although wedge-style Z stages provide a compact below-the-work-plane solution, they typically have limited pitch and roll stiffness that limits their angular performance. The AirLift 115's unique air-bearing design provides superior angular performance over larger travels while utilizing an innovative drive mechanism that eliminates the need for counterbalance mechanisms.
The AirLift 115 directly addresses applications where:
- Tight angular performance is required over travel ranges that are too large for traditional wedge-style Z stages (e.g., 50 mm)
- An unobstructed view of the work plane is desired
- Footprint must be kept to a minimum
- A failsafe brake is required
Motors and Drives
Included with the AirLift 115 series stages are Aerotech's BMS series brushless rotary motors. This motor has all of the advantages of a brushless motor – high acceleration, no brushes to wear and lower heating – yet has zero cogging for extremely smooth motion and accuracy. Aerotech manufactures a wide range of matching drives and controls to provide a fully integrated and optimized motion solution.
|Model||AirLift 115-050||AirLift 115-100||AirLift 115-150|
|Travel||50 mm||100 mm||150 mm|
|Accuracy(1)||Standard||±2.0 µm||±4.0 µm||±6.0 µm|
|HALAR||±1.0 µm||±1.25 µm||±1.5 µm|
|Bidirectional Repeatability(1)||±0.5 µm|
|Straightness(2)||±0.25 µm||±0.35 µm||±0.45 µm|
|Pitch(2)||±1 arc sec||±1.25 arc sec||±2 arc sec|
|Roll(2)||±1 arc sec||±1.25 arc sec||±2 arc sec|
|Yaw(2)||±1 arc sec||±1.25 arc sec||±2 arc sec|
|Maximum Speed||5 mm/rev||50 mm/s|
|Maximum Acceleration||0.25 g|
|Load Capacity(3)||Vertical||15 kg|
|Operating Pressure||80 psi|
|Air Consumption||≤40 SLPM|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)||15,000 Hours|
- Certified with each stage.
- Specifications are for centered load. Other loading configurations will affect specifications.
- Axis orientation for on-axis loading is listed.
- Specifications are for single-axis systems measured 25 mm above the tabletop. Performance of multi-axis systems is payload and workpoint dependent. Consult factory for multi-axis or non-standard applications.
- To protect air bearing against under-pressure condition, an in-line pressure switch tied to the motion controller is required.
- Air supply must be clean, dry to 0°F dewpoint, and filtered to 0.25 µm or better.
|Drive System||Brushless Rotary Servomotor|
|Feedback||Noncontact Linear Encoder|
|Maximum Bus Voltage||Up to 160 VDC|
|Limit Switches||5 V, Normally Closed|
|Multi-Axis||A3200||Ndrive MP/Ndrive CP/Ndrive HLe/Npaq MXR|
|Ensemble||Ensemble MP/Ensemble CP/Ensemble HLe/Epaq|
|Single Axis||Soloist||Soloist MP/Soloist CP/Soloist HLe|
- Linear amplifiers are required to achieve the listed specifications. Other options are available.
AirLift 115 Air-Bearing Lift Stage
|AirLift 115||Screw-driven, air-bearing vertical stage|
|-050||50 mm travel|
|-100||100 mm travel|
|-150||150 mm travel|
|-LTX100||Linear encoder for AirLift 115; 0.05 micron line-driver output|
|-BMS60-BRK||Brushless servomotor with connectors and brake|
|-BMS100-BRK||Brushless servomotor with connectors and brake|
|-MT1||Mounting configuration 1; mounting surface perpendicular to axis motion|
|-MT2-050||Mounting configuration 2; mounting surface parallel to axis motion; for 50 mm travel stage|
|-MT2-100||Mounting configuration 2; mounting surface parallel to axis motion; for 100 mm travel stage|
|-MT2-150||Mounting configuration 2; mounting surface parallel to axis motion; for 150 mm travel stage|