- Low-loss brushless servomotor
- Instrument-grade precision
- Noncontact air-bearing
- Balanced to ISO 1940 G 0.4
- Sub-arc second resolution at high speed
- Custom configurations available
- Ideally suited for data storage, wafer processing, diamond turning, and imaging
Superior Mechanical Design
The ABS2000 utilizes a precision ground air-bearing to provide exceptional rotational accuracy with an extremely high stiffness. This design allows for a large load capacity and superior performance over a wide range of operation speeds. The ABS2000 is balanced to ISO 1940 G 0.4 tolerances.
Low Loss, Non-Influencing Direct-Drive Motor
Aerotech’s custom designed, low-loss motor produces >0.25 N-m (38 oz-in) of continuous torque with negligible motor losses, eliminating the need for cooling fins and/or external cooling. The non-influencing motor design minimizes parasitic forces in the motor, providing the exceptionally high level of error motion performance. These motors have all the advantages of a brushless direct drive motor — no brushes to wear, and high acceleration and high speeds.
With a velocity ripple of <0.1%, an asynchronous error motion =20 nm, and total error motion <100 nm, the Aerotech spindle offers superior performance for high accuracy applications. The high performance motor and rotary encoder are directly coupled to a common shaft. When used with the AerotechA3200 controllerandNpaq®drive rackthe spindle resolution can be as high as 0.05 arc sec with no speed trade-offs. This makes the spindle ideal for applications requiring both spindle operation and stage operation.
A variety of encoder resolutions, as well as an optional rotary union for a vacuum supply, are available. Other options include mechanical or vacuum chuck configurations, grounding ball, and optics mounting. Alternative higher torque motors are available. Aerotech manufactures a wide range of servo amplifiers and advanced controllers to provide a complete, integrated motion package.
|Continuous Current, Stall||Apk||2.25 A|
|Feedback||Directly-Coupled Rotary Encoder|
|Resolution||256-2048 lines/rev; other line counts available|
|Rated Speed(1)||6000 rpm|
|Maximum Load||Radial||66 N|
|Inertia (Unloaded)||0.0015 kg·m2|
|Synchronous Error Motion(2)||Radial||‹100 nm|
|Asynchronous Error Motion(2)||Radial||20 nm|
|Velocity Ripple||<0.1% at 6000 rpm|
|Balance Grade(3)||ISO 1940 G 0.4|
|Bearing Rigidity||Radial||50 N/µm|
|Operating Pressure(4)||120 psi|
|Air Consumption(5)||<2 SCFM|
|Housing||Aluminum (Steel Available)|
|Finish||Electroless Nickel Plating or Black Hardcoat Available|
- Maximum speed based on stage capability; maximum application velocity may be limited by system data rate and system resolution.
- Consult Aerotech regarding error motions for the ABS2000 with rotary union option.
- Per ISO 1940, "Mechanical vibration - balancing quality requirements of rigid rotors".
- An in-line pressure switch tied to the motion controller is recommended to protect the air bearing against under-pressure.
- Air supply must be clean, dry to 0°F dew point, and filtered to 0.25 µm or better. Recommend nitrogen at 99.9% purity.
ABS2000 High-Speed Air-Bearing Spindle Options
Position Transducer Options
|-256||256 lines/rev directly-coupled rotary encoder|
|-512||512 lines/rev directly-coupled rotary encoder|
|-1000||1000 lines/rev directly-coupled rotary encoder|
|-1024||1024 lines/rev directly-coupled rotary encoder|
|-2000||2000 lines/rev directly-coupled rotary encoder|
|-2048||2048 lines/rev directly-coupled rotary encoder|
|-RU||Single port rotary union|