- Travel ranges from 100 µm to 600 µm available
- Long device lifetime
- High-precision, frictionless flexure guidance system
- Superior positioning resolution and linearity to 0.007% with direct-metrology capacitive sensor options
- Mounting compatibility with other QNP-series piezo nanopositioners
- Open-loop and vacuum versions
High Quality in a Compact PackageThe QNP piezo stages are guided by precision flexures that are optimized using finite element analysis to ensure high-stiffness and long device life. The resulting design offers outstanding stiffness and resonant frequency enabling high process throughput and fast closed-loop response. Furthermore, these stages have been designed to provide excellent geometric performance (straightness and angular errors) while at the same time minimizing the overall stage package size.
High-resolution and Positioning AccuracyAll of the QNP piezo stages have the option of closed-loop feedback using a unique capacitive sensor design that allows for sub-nanometer resolution and high linearity. The capacitive sensors measure the output of the positioning carriage directly enabling superior accuracy and repeatability.
When coupled with Aerotech’s Q-series controllers and drives, the QNP piezo nanopositioning stages demonstrate sub-nanometer positioning resolution and in-position stability (jitter), and high-positioning bandwidth. Software options such as Aerotech’s Dynamic Controls Toolbox and Motion Designer packages provide a host of advanced yet easy-to-use tools such as Learning Control, Harmonic Cancellation and Command Shaping, providing improved tracking errors and faster step-and-settle times.
Automatic parameter and calibration identification is accomplished using Aerotech’s FlashConfig feature. The stage is automatically identified and all operational parameters including axis calibration data are uploaded into the controller ensuring safe, accurate and true “plug-and-play” operation.
Learn more about our controls and software HERE.
Aerotech’s QNP piezo stages are available with capacitance sensor feedback or without feedback (open-loop). Open-loop provides a cost-effective option for applications where compact size, high-dynamics and sub-nanometer positioning resolution are required, but absolute positioning accuracy and repeatability are not required. Open-loop designs can also be used where the piezo position is controlled via an external feedback source (interferometer, vision system, photodetector, etc.).
An optional mounting plate provides direct mounting to English or metric breadboard optical tables. The QNP-series also includes XY and Z stages in which common travels mount together with adapter plates.
All QNP piezo stages are available in vacuum-prepared versions upon request.
Get our complete Piezo Engineering Tutorial HERE.
|Closed-Loop Travel||100 µm||250 µm||500 µm|
|Open-Loop Travel, -30 to +150 V(1)||120 µm||300 µm||600 µm|
|0.30 nm||0.50 nm||0.90 nm|
|Open-Loop||0.15 nm||0.20 nm||0.40 nm|
|Bidirectional Repeatability(5)||1 nm||1 nm||3 nm|
|Pitch/Yaw||6 µrad (1.2 arc sec)||6 µrad (1.2 arc sec)||12 µrad (2.5 arc sec)|
|Stiffness (In Direction of Motion)(6)||1.25 N/µm||0.40 N/µm||0.27 N/µm|
|Unloaded Resonant Frequency(6)||1300 Hz||475 Hz||350 Hz|
|Resonant Frequency (50 Gram Load)(6)||650 Hz||325 Hz||260 Hz|
|Push/Pull Capacity (In Direction of Motion)(7)||10 N|
|Max Payload(8)||1 kg|
|Stage Mass||0.06 kg||0.09 kg||0.14 kg|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)||30,000 Hours|
- Value ±10%.
- See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.2 for description of resolution.
- Certified with each stage (closed-loop feedback models only).
- See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.1 for description of linearity specifications.
- Specified as a 1 sigma (standard deviation) value (closed-loop feedback models only). See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.3 for description of bidirectional repeatability.
- Values ±20%.
- See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.6 for description of piezo stage load ratings.
- On-axis loading listed.
- External elements are anodized aluminum. Some internal components are stainless steel. Other materials upon request.
- Specifications are measured centered and at a height of approximately 15 mm above the output carriage.
|Drive System||Piezo Multi-Layer Stack Actuator|
|Feedback||Closed Loop: Integrated Capacitive Sensor (-C)
Open Loop: None (-)
|Voltage Range||-30 V to +150 V|
|Piezo Stack Capacitance(1)||1.6 µF||2.3 µF||6.4 µF|
- 1. Value ±20%.
- Unless noted, the QLAB, QDe, or QLe drives are required to achieve the listed specifications. Contact Aerotech for specifications when used with the QL drives.
QNP-L Series Single-Axis Piezo Nanopositioning Stage
|QNP-40-100L||QNP-L series open-loop nanopositioner, 40 mm wide, 120 µm open-loop travel|
|QNP‑40‑100L‑C||QNP-L series closed-loop nanopositioner with capacitive sensor feedback, 40 mm wide, 100 µm closed-loop travel (120 µm open-loop travel)|
|QNP-50-250L||QNP-L series open-loop nanopositioner, 50 mm wide and 300 µm open-loop travel|
|QNP‑50‑250L‑C||QNP-L series closed-loop nanopositioner with capacitive sensor feedback, 50 mm wide, 250 µm closed-loop travel (300 µm open-loop travel)|
|QNP-60-500L||QNP-L series open-loop nanopositioner, 60 mm wide, 600 µm open-loop travel|
|QNP‑60‑500L‑C||QNP-L series closed-loop nanopositioner with capacitive sensor feedback, 60 mm wide, 500 µm closed-loop travel (600 µm open-loop travel)|
|-MP||Mounting plate for English and metric optical breadboard tables|
|-AP||Adapter plate kit for customer mounting of multi-axis QNP stages; AP-QNP-40-100 mounts 100L upper-axis to 100L lower-axis; AP-QNP-50-250 mounts 100L/250L upper-axis to 250L lower-axis; AP-QNP-60-500 mounts 100L/250L/500L upper-axis to 500L lower-axis|