- Steel-core forcer provides high force per unit volume
- Continuous force to 697.1 N (156.7 lb); peak force to 1507.2 N (338.8 lb)
- Unlimited travel length by stacking magnet tracks
- High-energy, rare-earth magnets used in magnet track for high acceleration capability
- Optional water cooling for highest throughput
- Ideal for pick and place, assembly, and general automation
- Follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
The BLMFS5 series linear motors are designed to provide a higher throughput and lower profile alternative to conventional linear motor applications. This is achieved through a proprietary manufacturing process and laminated iron-core design.
The forcer assembly contains Hall-effect devices and a thermal sensor, and is a compact, reinforced ceramic epoxy structure.
The BLMFS5 series utilizes steel laminations to produce more force for a given forcer coil length. This makes it ideal for high speed point-to-point motion. The attraction force can also be used as a bearing pre-load.
Offering high peak forces in its standard configuration, BLMFS5 motors are available with higher-power magnets that can be used to increase output force.
These linear motors are ideal for any application requiring high levels of positioning resolution and accuracy. Tracks are stackable for any travel length. The BLMFS5 linear motors are also ideal for clean-room use as they produce no particulates.
The BLMFS5 can be driven using standard Aerotech brushless amplifiers and controllers to provide a complete, integrated system.
Need help sizing your motor? Try Aerotech's Motor Sizer software to specify the ideal motor for your application.
BLMFS5 Series Specifications
|N (lb)||323.4 (72.7)||522.3 (117.4)||697.1 (156.7)|
No Forced Cooling(2)
|N (lb)||174.8 (39.3)||282.3 (63.5)||376.8 (84.7)|
|Peak Force(3)||N (lb)||699.3 (157.2)||1129.2 (253.9)||1507.2 (338.8)|
|Cogging Force||N (lb)||57.8 (13.0)||62.3 (14.0)||67.2 (15.1)|
|Attractive Force||N (lb)||2410 (542)||4446 (1000)||6482 (1457)|
|BEMF (Line-Line, Max)||V/(m/s)
|21.99 (0.56)||43.97 (1.12)||21.99 (0.56)||43.97
No Forced Cooling(2)
|Peak Current, Stall(3)||Apk
|Average Force Constant,
|N/Apk (lb/Apk)||19.13 (4.30)||38.25 (8.60)||19.13 (4.30)||38.25 (8.60)||19.13 (4.30)||38.25
|N/Arms (lb/Arms)||27.05 (6.08)||54.10 (12.16)||27.05 (6.08)||54.10 (12.16)||27.05 (6.08)||54.10 (12.16)|
|Motor Constant(2,4)||N/√W (lb/√W)||14.40 (3.24)||14.40 (3.24)||20.37 (4.58)||20.37
No Forced Cooling
|Maximum Bus Voltage||VDC||340||340||340|
|Coil Weight||kg (lb)||1.42 (3.12)||2.31 (5.08)||3.81 (8.38)|
|Coil Length||mm (in)||142.0 (5.59)||262.0 (10.31)||382.0 (15.04)|
|Heat Sink||mm (in)||380x380x13
|Magnet Track Weight||kg/m (lb/ft)||4.2 (2.82)|
|Magnetic Pole Pitch||mm (in)||30.00 (1.18)|
|Standards||2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive|
- Performance is dependent upon heat sink configuration, system cooling conditions, and ambient temperature.
- Values shown @ 100°C rise above a 25°C ambient temperature, with motor mounted to the specified aluminum heat sink.
- Peak force assumes correct rms current; consult Aerotech.
- Force constant and motor constant specified at stall.
- All performance and electrical specifications ±10%.
- Maximum winding temperature is 125°C.
- Ambient operating temperature range 0°C - 25°C. Consult Aerotech for performance in elevated ambient temperatures.
- All Aerotech amplifiers are rated Apk; use force constant in N/Apk when sizing.
BLMFS5 Brushless Linear Servo Motor
|BLMFS5-142||Flat linear motor forcer, ironless design for zero cogging with thermistor; 142 mm long|
|BLMFS5-262||Flat linear motor forcer, ironless design for zero cogging with thermistor; 262 mm long|
|BLMFS5-382||Flat linear motor forcer, ironless design for zero cogging with thermistor; 382 mm long|
Winding Designation (Required)
|-A||76 cm (2.5 ft) flying leads (standard)|
Hall Effect Sensors (Required)
|-H||Hall effect sensors included|
|-NH||No hall effect sensors included|
Vacuum Preparation (Optional)
|-V||Vacuum preparation to 10-6 Torr|
|-UHV||Ultra-high vacuum preparation; contact factory|
- Note: Vacuum preparation motors are ordered as an Engineering Special line item
Flat Magnet Tracks (Optional)
|MTF5-240||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFS5 forcer coil, 240 mm long|
|MTF5-420||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFS5 forcer coil, 420 mm long|
|MTF5x||Flat magnet track length available|
- Note: Magnet tracks are ordered as separate line items.
Aerotech offers both standard and custom integration services to help you get your system fully operational as quickly as possible. The following standard integration options are available for this system. Please consult Aerotech if you are unsure what level of integration is required, or if you desire custom integration support with your system.
|-TAS||Integration - Test as system
Testing, integration, and documentation of a group of components as a complete system that will be used together (ex: drive, controller, and stage). This includes parameter file generation, system tuning, and documentation of the system configuration.
|-TAC||Integration - Test as components
Testing and integration of individual items as discrete components that ship together. This is typically used for spare parts, replacement parts, or items that will not be used together. These components may or may not be part of a larger system.