Rotation Stages with Minimal Sphere of Confusion
Aerotech’s air-bearing rotary stages have minimal axial, radial, and tilt (wobble) error to minimize the sphere of confusion. This allows the sample under test to remain within the beam.
The ABRT-400 is one example of a high-accuracy, air-bearing rotary axis. It is equipped with a non-influencing rotary union and slip-ring to pass vacuum or air and electrical service to the device under test, while maintaining outstanding Sphere of Confusion performance.
Aerotech offers a range of solutions for a variety of price and performance points. Contact an Aerotech Application Engineer to find the right solution for your application.
|Accuracy||4 arc sec||2 arc sec||0.12 arc sec|
|Repeatability||<1 arc sec||<1 arc sec||0.08 arc sec|
|Axial Error Motion (Synchronous)||<100 nm||<100 nm||<50 nm|
|Radial Error Motion (Synchronous)||<150 nm||<250 nm||<75 nm|
|Tilt Error Motion (Synchronous)||<0.5 arc sec||<0.5 arc sec||<0.1 arc sec|
|Axial Error Motion (Asynchronous)||<20 nm||<20 nm||<10 nm|
|Radial Error Motion (Asynchronous)||<20 nm||<20 nm||<10 nm|
|Tilt Error Motion (Asynchronous)||0.04 arc sec||0.04 arc sec||0.01 arc sec|
|Load Capacity Axial||69 kg||110 kg||200 kg|
|Load Capacity Radial||10 kg||90 kg||50 kg|
|Slip-Ring Additional Equipment and 360° Rotation||Optional||Optional||Optional|
Piezo Actuators for Fine Sample Adjustment
Aerotech’s Q-series piezo actuators offer best-in-class performance with higher stiffness and linearity than competitive products.
- Travel ranges from 100 µm to 600 µm available
- Superior positioning resolution and linearity to 0.007% with direct-metrology capacitive sensor options
- Configurable open-loop and closed-loop control in one controller platform
- High-precision 20-bit sensor resolution for capacitive sensor feedback in closed-loop operation
- Advanced control features such as learning control, harmonic cancellation and command shaping improve tracking error, and overall process throughput
|Closed-Loop Travel||100 µm||250 µm||500 µm|
|Open-Loop Travel, -30 to +150 V(1)||120 µm||300 µm||600 µm|
|Resolution(2)||Closed-Loop (Integrated Feedback)||0.30 nm||0.50 nm||0.90 nm|
|Open-Loop||0.15 nm||0.20 nm||0.40 nm|
|Bidirectional Repeatability(5)||1 nm||1 nm||3 nm|
|Pitch/Yaw||6 µrad (1.2 arc sec)||6 µran (1.2 arc sec)||12 µrad (2.5 arc sec)|
|Stiffness (In Direction of Motion)(6)||1.25 N/µm||0.40 N/µm||0.27 N/µm|
|Unloaded Resonant Frequency(6)||1300 Hz||475 Hz||350 Hz|
|Resonant Frequency (50 Gram Load)(6)||650 Hz||325 Hz||260 Hz|
|Push/Pull Capacity (In Direction of Motion)(7)||10 N|
|Max Payload(8)||1 kg|
|Stage Mass||0.06 kg||0.09 kg||0.14 kg|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)||30,000 Hours|
- Value ±10%
- See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.2 for description of resolution.
- Certified with each stage (closed-loop feedback models only).
- Measured approximately 15 mm above the carriage by an external metrology device. See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.1 for description of linearity specifications.
- Specified as a 1 sigma (standard deviation) value. See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.3 for description of bidirectional repeatability.
- Values ±20%.
- See Piezo Engineering Reference section 4.6 for description of piezo stage load ratings.
- On-axis loading listed.
- External elements are anodized aluminum. Some internal components are stainless steel. Other materials upon request.
X, Y, and Z Linear Stages for Course Adjustment
Rugged, high load-capacity stages for coarse positioning in X, Y, and Z dimensions.
|High-Load Vertical Stage|
|Five Axis, XYZ, Pitch and Roll|
|High Load, Ball Screw, XY Linear Stages|
|ATS0500 Heavy-Duty XYZ|
|Large Capacity, Heavy Duty, XYZ System|
|High Load X/Theta|
Motorized Angular Adjustment
From limited-travel to 360° of continuous rotation, Aerotech rotary and angular positioners offer a large range of motion for a variety of applications.
|ALAG Large Capacity Goniometer|
|ANT-20G Series Direct-Drive Goniometer|
|AGC Series Gear-Drive Goniometer|